PAFTCC CURRENTLY HAS 76 MEMBERS AS OF DECEMBER 2019
(Active 66, Associate 0, Sustaining 1, Student 3, Honorary 1, Emeritus 1, Additional Chapter 4)
- Discounted monthly lunch and dinner meetings at which you can network with others in the legal profession and hear educational speakers for continuing education credit ( 9 total per year)
- Local & state level seminar information (with discounts)
- Access to our local job bank through our Career Network
- Scholarship Assistance for the ACP, CP and FCP exams
- Book rentals for the CP and FCP exams (deposit required)
- Continuing Education & Professional Development Scholarships
- CLA/CP study groups
- Affiliation with NALA
- Participation with the Florida Bar and local bar association
- IN BRIEF subscription
- Tickets at Work discounts (This is an awesome new benefit only members receive! It includes discounted hotels, rental cars, theme park tickets and much more!!)
Please use the application link on the main Paralegal Association of Florida, Inc. home page. For further details regarding membership, please contact Jodee Buck.
PAFTCC offers scholarships to students attending both Indian River State College and Keiser University Port St. Lucie campus!
DO YOU WANT TO BECOME CERTIFIED? PAFTCC WILL PAY FOR YOUR EXAM IF YOU QUALIFY! As the recipient of this scholarship, you will receive one-half of the cost of the CP, ACP, or FCP exam upon confirmation of an application to enroll for the examination and the balance of the cost of the exam upon verification of passing the exam.
DO YOU WANT TO ATTEND A SEMINAR, BUT YOUR FIRM WON’T PAY? Apply for our Continuing Education & Professional Development Scholarship. You must meet a list of criteria in order to qualify for such scholarship.
CP/FCP Exam Book Check-out: The Board has purchased one set of books each for the CP and FCP exam for members to check out with a $50.00 deposit. These books are now available to check out on a first come, first serve basis.
Advanced Paralegal Certification: You may also apply for the professional scholarship for the Advanced Paralegal Certification exam. Below is the current list of Advanced Paralegal Certification programs that are offered: Contracts Management/Contracts Administration, Discovery, Social Security Disability, Trial Practice , Alternative Dispute Resolution, Business Organizations: Incorporated Entities, Trademarks, Personal Injury – Core Course, Personal Injury – 8 Practice Area Courses, Land Use, and Criminal Litigation.
For further details on any of our available scholarships, please contact Jessica Roy.